This project is about the development of a new 19-storey clinic complex with a 28m basement, which consists of medical treatment facilities, clinical laboratories and ancillary supporting facilities. As the heart of HKSH Eastern Medical Centre, the Tsao Yin Kai Block, with 2 gantries, will be the home of Hong Kong’s first Proton Therapy (PT) System in 2022. The schedule of accommodations is mainly derived from clinic operational need. The site is linear in E-W direction with major frontage towards the North & South which naturally derives the rectilinear built form to facilitate spatial planning serving clinical functions. In order to meet the delicate medical requirements, the overall spatial planning of the clinic complex is thoughtfully designed with respect to the treatment logistics for patients. The project has been certified with a provisional Platinum Rating of BEAM Plus. GFA: 14,880 sq. m.
HKSH Eastern Medical Centre: Tsao Yin Kai Block
Hong Kong, China
- HKIPM Project Management Achievement Awards– Project of the Year
- HKIPM Project Management Achievement Awards – Winner (Construction / Engineering)
- HKIPM Project Management Achievement Awards – Winner (Community Service)
- 2014 / 2022
- 1,240 sq. m.
- 14,880 sq. m.
- Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital
- BEAM Plus – Platinum Rating (Provisional)